Tuesday 13 July 2010

Canon EOS 450D battery

Hello i would like to say a little bit about the battery for the Canon EOS 450D
12.2 MP Digital Camera even when there is not a lot to say about a battery in
a review, well here goes as far as batteries go.
Canon have developed this battery to be 50% more powerful than the battery
for the EOS 400D and gives more shooting time in its lithium ion
power pack, the battery is a Canon LP-E5 battery pack and you can recharge
the battery with its own charger that comes with the camera when you buy the kit.
Now the camera run at 7.4 volts with an output of 1080mah capacity,also the
battery has no memory effect this means you can charge the battery when you
want, you don't have to discharge all its power before recharging  plus Eco friendly.
now the battery has been designed to fit Canon`s other D-SLR range and they
are the 500D and the 1000d model so if you have upgraded to the 500d from
the 450D the battery will fit.
Now the tech side has been covered they are some imitation batteries out there
for the 450D like the powerstorm LP-E5 and many other makes.
These are a little cheaper in price to acquire but by some reviews of these
batteries there are a lot to be desired.
Here i would like to show you some reviews from amazon customers about
the canon and lower priced models.

vipre77 says:Bought a genuine Canon LP-E5 as a backup to the original that
came with my Rebel XSI that I bought last year. Had it for 3 months and it
worked fine. Only charged it maybe 3 times in the time that I had it.
One day, for no apparent reason, it gave up the ghost and wouldn't take a
charge at all. I bought this battery from a reputable local Canon authorized
retailer right before they went out of business. Three months had passed since I
bought the battery. The retailer that sold me the battery was out of business.
I was past their return period, so even if they were still in business, I'd still
have been hosed anyway, so I called Canon USA directly to see about
getting it returned under warranty.
Turns out that Canon USA offers NO WARRANTY OF ANY SORT
on their batteries. I paid nearly $70 for a battery that I only used a couple
of times and then died permanently. It was nearly enough to make me sell
off all of my Canon gear (2 digital SLR's with a collection of
lenses, 1 point-and-shoot, a flatbed scanner and a multi-function printer)
and jump ship to another camera manufacturer. Caveat Emptor!
Do yourself a favor and buy a superior aftermarket battery from another
manufacturer that actually gives you a warranty with their products.

ronni j.engel says:Battery mysteriously quite working after less than
3 months. Would put in charger, light would illuminate red, then after
a few hours (normal charging time) would go green, I would remove
charger from outlet, remove battery, put in camera and nothing--no
power at all. I put in back in charger, and light went red---same thing
several times!

c.o`connor says:
The battery is an OEM Canon battery. I bought this
as a spare battery for our honeymoon to Greece this year. The writing
on the battery is different from the one that came with my camera and is
different from the picture as advertised, but other than that it is identical.
I haven't recharged it yet but it came almost fully charged and I have taken
about 300 pictures on it and it is only halfway down now. It came with
the contact cover and easily fits in to the battery compartment, unlike
some of the aftermarket batteries which can stick. Well worth the price.

As you can see some people are saying about the price of the
Canon LP-E5 battery but are willing to pay the price for quality with
Canon and most just wanted backup batteries for there camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment